CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Driving Elevators


I used to drive my ATV through all sorts of hazardous places on the ranch. Now I drive elevators. Believe me, I do better on an ATV!

In case you ever come to the city, here are rules for driving an elevator:

  1. When you get on, push a button.
  2. Push the button # to where you are going, not where you are now.
  3. When the doors open, don’t automatically get off; it might not be your floor.

One thing I’ve learned since we’ve been in Salt Lake is that around here it’s OK to chat with fellow passengers on the elevator. The conversation is often philosophical. Here’s an example:

“Hi. How are you today?”

“Well, I’m just great. I just got my hair permed and it did me more good that any doctor ever could.”

See what I mean?

On a 12-story elevator ride over at the church office building, my fellow rider was just taking his iPod ear buds out. Thinking to give him my favorite tip, I asked if he ever listened to books on his iPod.

“Nope. Scriptures,” he said. This is Utah.

I’ve learned that big grocery carts or wheelchairs fit just fine into an elevator with us. One lady with a loaded grocery cart cheerfully gave us an interesting account of her Memorial Day weekend in Idaho. In case you’re interested . . .

One of the side benefits of elevators is when we are alone I can give my husband a quick kiss on the cheek! That’s harder to do from an ATV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment