CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Miracles and Memories


A favorite saying around here is, “No where but Temple Square!” It’s lots of fun when this happens. Here are just a few:

After a wonderful mission devotional talk, one lady said, “If I knew how to do it, I’d put those notes on my Raspberry.” Her friend corrected her: “No, it’s a Blueberry.” Later they remembered that it’s a Blackberry!

Chance encounters: (1) A friend from Wyoming days whom I hadn’t seen in 35 years. (2) Another former Norwood girl, now a senior missionary here. (3) Lots of “small world” conversations with people who know-someone-we-know. (4) Friends from Omaha who were just going in a door when I was going out!

One day I got to the door just as the three big bosses from my office arrived. They gallantly opened the door and motioned me through first. When I saw they were headed to the elevator too, I detoured and waited a few minutes. Too much brass for me. When I felt it was safe I jumped on another elevator. Too late I noticed a fellow passenger: Elder Dallin Oaks!

Last week I gave the spiritual thought for the Public Affairs devotional. I was pretty nervous but calmed right down when the opening hymn was sung: High On the Mountaintop. It was written in pioneer times by my great-great-great+grandfather, Joel Hills Johnson.

Yes, nowhere but on Temple Square!

0 comments:

Post a Comment